Ion exchanger and activated carbon units
Ion exchanger and activated carbon units are particularly suitable for the decolourisation of sugar solutions without colloids or turbidity. Miteco integrates ion exchangers and continuous activated carbon treatments into plant concepts in a manner that provides efficient and highly profitable technical solutions.
- Radial Jet Mixer, an exclusive technology from Miteco The core focal points of Miteco plant technology are blending, dissolving and concentrating. One of our key technologies for these processes is the Radial Jet Mixer, which differs fundamentally from other processes to blend liquid and solid starter materials. The Radial Jet Mixer has a very simple and exceptionally reliable design which ensures increased homogeneity of the mix compared to other techniques. It is a quick technique, has shorter mixing times and places low mechanical stress on the mix.
- Coaxial Injector, an exclusive technology from Miteco To introduce hard-to-wet powders into liquids is technically very demanding. This is exactly where the strengths of the Miteco Coaxial Injector lie. Even with tricky combinations of materials, the injector can eliminate unwanted agglomeration that can be difficult to remove. Wetting with the Coaxial Injector is an ideal pre-mixing process for the Radial Jet Mixer.
|Areas of application||decolourisation of liquids|
|Industries||drinks industry, sugar industry|
|Typical applications||decolourisation of sugar solutions and syrups with a low or medium initial colour content|
|Construction||hot or cold activated carbon process using Contisolv®-C or Contisolv®-H|
|Automation||fully automatic PLC-based operation|
- suitable for clear sugar solutions and syrups with an initial colour content of up to 350 ICUMSA
- can be combined with Contiflot® for initial colour content of over 350 ICUMSA
- final colour content 30-35 ICUMSA
- capacity 2–40 m3/h or higher