Contisolv®-C cold dissolving unit
If powders or granulates need to be completely dissolved in liquids using a cold dissolving process, mixing and dissolving technology play an important role. Contisolv®-C works using a combination of Coaxial Injector® and Radial Jet Mixer® and dissolves continuously at temperatures close to saturation. Contisolv®-C can manufacture sugar solutions of 60 oBrix at just 20oC. Compared to other ‘cold’ dissolving processes, the working temperature is significantly lower which means reduced energy and investment costs.
- Radial Jet Mixer, an exclusive technology from Miteco The core focal points of Miteco plant technology are blending, dissolving and concentrating. One of our key technologies for these processes is the Radial Jet Mixer, which differs fundamentally from other processes to blend liquid and solid starter materials. The Radial Jet Mixer has a very simple and exceptionally reliable design which ensures increased homogeneity of the mix compared to other techniques. It is a quick technique, has shorter mixing times and places low mechanical stress on the mix.
- Coaxial Injector, an exclusive technology from Miteco To introduce hard-to-wet powders into liquids is technically very demanding. This is exactly where the strengths of the Miteco Coaxial Injector lie. Even with tricky combinations of materials, the injector can eliminate unwanted agglomeration that can be difficult to remove. Wetting with the Coaxial Injector is an ideal pre-mixing process for the Radial Jet Mixer.
|Areas of application||dissolving powders and granulates in liquids to achieve medium-level concentrations|
|Industries||drinks industry, milk industry, foodstuffs industry, luxury foodstuffs industry|
|Typical applications||dissolving sugar to make sugar syrup, dissolving milk powder|
|Construction||few moving parts, reduced space requirements as batch dissolving tanks no longer required|
|Operating characteristics||considerably reduced energy consumption thanks to low working temperatures; very short start-up times|
|Automation||fully automatic and flexibly controlled PLC-based operation in all operating modes including CIP|
- capacity 3-50 t sugar/h or higher
- maximum achievable concentration of around 67 oBrix
- high accuracy of ± 0.1 °Brix